"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice"

Joseph Smith - The Book of Mormon - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Our Hearts Knit as One"


My dear Sisters: I know I am a bit behind in posting this General Conference talk by President Henry B. Eyring..."Our Hearts Knit As One"...You might be wondering why I would...use the music "Come Thou Fount" with this talk....I can only express that when I listened to this song this morning...I feel SO DRAWN to my Father...and to our beloved, Savior, Jesus Christ...It is SO POWERFUL...I feel UNITED with THEM....I believe...when we feel UNITED with THEM...we will DESIRE and WILL BE UNITED with EACH OTHER...

President Eyring mentions..."that a GREAT DAY of UNITY IS COMING..." Christ is RETURNING...that He is returning to "live with those who have BECOME HIS people and will find them UNITED, of ONE HEART, UNIFIED with HIM and with our HEAVENLY FATHER..."

Oh...dear Sisters...many of you...including me...are praying for His RETURN....AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...but, until He returns...there is MUCH we need to accomplish HERE...

President Eyring refers to the Book of Mormon...in the days of Alma...how to ACCOMPLISH this UNITY...I would love your thoughts...on HOW we can do this TOGETHER...or examples of UNITY....that you have personally experienced...or seen...

I LOVE President Eyring!!! There is something about his ability to teach THE GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST!!!! I DESIRE to do MUCH MUCH BETTER....

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting how I heard all these talks in Conference; we had FHE's on each talk...and still after re-reading this THERE ARE STILL little things that "jump" off the page at me.

    These aren't ONE-TIME talks to be read and then get back to my life...as Pres. Hinckley said "they are TO BE POURED OVER" during the 6 months til the next Conference. Hmmmm....

    I tell you a huge thing we can do to gain more unity, since you asked how, Debbie...

    ....next time someone says ANYTHING with a slight negativism about any teacher, or leader in ANY capacity or any of us as just plain people....THEREIN LIES THE TEST of our unity....even if a person has said something a little off base (in our opinion)...I have learned recently from personal experience brought to my attention from what I thought was a pretty innocent comment made by me -- that NO NO NO...we PROVIDE UNTIY AT ALL TIMES AND IN ALL SITUATIONS....the more we are each others CHEERLEADERS the more that spirit of unity will pour into us....we (me) have to try harder - WANT TO BE QUICK WITH SOMETHING????????.....then be quick with an excuse for that person..."maybe she's got a lot on her mind; maybe she's had a real rough week and didn't mean that the way it sounded; maybe we won't understand but nonetheless LOVE AND BUILD.....IT DOESN'T HURT US A BIT...TO BUILD....

    ReplyDelete