"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice"

Joseph Smith - The Book of Mormon - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Remaining Sunday MORNING Sessions

I am POSTING the email I just sent out....here on the BLOG...

Good Morning, Sisters...I realize....our next GENERAL CONFERENCE is nearly upon us...There is NO WAY we will finish our LAST General Conference talks...by taking ONE a week...I would like to make a proposal...for the next couple of weeks...I would like each of you to comment on the ANY of the remaining talks....I am nearly done with my Conference issue...Our LAST POSTED General Conference talk was given by Elder Robert Hales...on "Christian Courage: The Price of Discipleship"....EXCELLENT.... However, the talks I read while I was in Texas...were SO OUTSTANDING...that my General Conference "ENSIGN" issue is FILLED with one comment after another....
For instance: 1. Bishop Keith B. McMullin - "God Loves and Helps All of His Children" - You learn the TRUTH about Heavenly Father...(most Christiandom would REJECT what we know to be true about Him); the story of the Chinese official...brought my emotions to the surface...; you learn that the Church welfare plan is GOD INSPIRED; how Father will lead us through whatever storm we face... http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-23,00.html
2. Sister Elaine S. Dalton - "A Return to Virtue".... - A MUST READ - It is a CALLING for a RETURN TO VIRTUE....!!!! http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-24,00.html 3. Elder M. Russell Ballard - "The Truth of God Shall Go Forth" - POWERFUL talk..."no unhallowed hand can stop the work"....One of the lines that touched me...was this line..."He (Father/Christ) isn't asking us to die a martyr's death; He's asking us to LIVE A DISCIPLE's LIFE."!!!! (don't you LOVE IT???) http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-25,00.html
4. President Thomas S. Monson - "Finding Joy in the Journey".... Oh...my sisters...THIS TALK was FANTASTIC!!!! There was SO MUCH WISDOM...in this talk...Here is one of the lines...I LOVED... "If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then GRATITUDE takes its place among the NOBLEST of VIRTUES." http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-26,00.html NEXT week we can tackle the remaining Sunday Afternoon Session talks...but, if you have comments for any one of the ABOVE talks....I would LOVE to hear them...as I, believe, our other sisters would, also....

No comments:

Post a Comment