"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice"

Joseph Smith - The Book of Mormon - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, March 9, 2009

Cristian Courage: The Price of Discipleship

First...before I move onto this next Conference talk...I so hope you all took time to read...President Eyring's talk...giving us ideas on how to UNIFY...to become ONE...in heart and mind...It truly was a MARVELOUS TALK!!!!!

This week's talk is an ABSOLUTE MUST READ...by Elder Robert D. Hales....There is hardly one word...that was NOT UNDERLINED...and comments made...DISCIPLESHIP is one of my most favorite subjects...and when one of the brethren goes into depth of what it means to be a DISCIPLE of CHRIST...I seem to take DOUBLE NOTICE....Oh...my...I am HOLDING MYSELF BACK...from making comments...I SO WANT to hear what YOU have to say!!!!

http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-22,00.html

1 comment:

  1. WOW - this is one of those talks you also need on your mirror where you can be reminded everyday of the proper attitudes to have....ashamed to say I've been guilty of some of this! The way I see we have 2 choices: just continue being "us" living our daily lives thinking hey, we're good people, we go to church, we care, we do our callings...OR let's really take a look INSIDE: do we respond to confrontation in ways that "invite" the Spirit? do we look at our own fault "first"? when accused, are we more concerned with their welfare or our personal vindication (whoops)? are we exercising the FRUITS of the Spirit by all we say and think? (another whoops)....this TRUE DISCIPLESHIP certainly takes control on our part, takes a true
    "yearning" to really really WANT to be like Christ....I use to think it was so hard; now I'm thinking, what I really meant was that it was so hard because I didn't want to let go of "me" - my set-in ways of thinking and doing.....gotta let go of that carnal stuff and hand it over and STAND WITH THE SAVIOR...don't leave that high ground of His godly walk and conversation just for me to descend to "they're not going to get away with that comment" or "they are so mean to me and I don't deserve it; and I'm going to tell them so"....no no...don't descend....ASCEND!

    ReplyDelete