"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice"

Joseph Smith - The Book of Mormon - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Come What May, and Love It" - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

How incredibly timely...that THIS WEEK we will be reading Elder Wirthlin's last General Conference Address to all of us. "Come What May and Love It"... This beautiful line from his talk...is such "wise" counsel...."The way we REACT to ADVERSITY can be a MAJOR FACTOR in how HAPPY and SUCCESSFUL we can be in LIFE".... This line alone is a "quote" KEEPER...

If you do NOT have an "Ensign" here is the talk on the web:


Would love your comments on either Elder Wirthlin and/or comments on this wonderful talk...

1 comment:

  1. Great talk!

    I sure wish there were an easier way though. I wish I could just spend my days going to the beach, reading favorite books, hiking in the mountains, chatting with friends, hanging out with my family with nary a trial to show it's ugly head... and I could just become what the Lord wanted me to be without all the hard stuff.

    I'm always shocked when talking with so many of the temple workers I've shared assignments with how many of them have endured terrible trials often with their children. Yet in part I guess that is what has forged them into being the faithful, humble people they are.

    Sure wish there were an easier way. I'm a wimp and a worrier and I just hate adversity.

    I loved this quote " “The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.”

    That's really all we can do.

    Sandee

    ReplyDelete