"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice"

Joseph Smith - The Book of Mormon - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Even A Child Can Understand"


Our Conference talk this week..."Even a Child Can Understand"....is by Elder Gerald Causse.

There is a very short line in Elder Causse's talk that attracted my attention..."One must look with the heart". It seems that ALL TRUTH...is discovered and learned depending on the condition of our "heart"...Some years, ago, I came to a cross-roads with one of my children...I found myself...not "connecting" very well...and got on my knees and finally prayed for the right solution..."Father CHANGE ME!!!"... "CHANGE MY HEART"...A simple miracle took place...and I was able to "see" things differently, because MY HEART... had to change...I am so GRATEFUL for such a powerful LESSON in life...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this talk...We were reminded of some GREAT COUNSEL...Joseph Smith's "It is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance". (D&C 131:6)Plus, "The pinciple of knowledge is the principle of salvation...;and everyone that does NOT obtain knowledge sufficent to be saved will be condemned." I am asking myself some IMPORTANT questions..."Have I obtained sufficent KNOWLEDGE to be saved?" "How well do I KNOW the nature of God and Jesus Christ?" "How well do I understand the PLAN of SALVATION, so that I can PREPARE myself for eternal life?" "Have I become like a little child enough, to hear the SPIRIT?" "Am I using my time WISELY...???"

    ReplyDelete