"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice"

Joseph Smith - The Book of Mormon - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Any heavy loads out there?

We women would not have heard this talk...if your life is perfect with no "ruffling of feathers" then you can pass on this talk, but if you've ever felt like jumping off a cliff...then read it!

I gathered 2 main points from Pres. Eyring here:
(1) as women, we've got to gain MORE FAITH in order to have the power to carry our heavy burdens....he talked about working out our muscles to the exhaustion point and then that's how we build muscle and get our "desired" result ...likewise, we have to exhaust our efforts to get close to Him, then the POWER will come, the faith will increase -- how exciting is that?!

(2) and for our men, our husbands - bless their hearts; I'd hate to be out in that world, hearing what they hear and see, fighting "worldly" attitudes, they're absolutely bombarded with the
height of evil, struggling with their own emotions and shortcomings all the time trying to provide a living for their families, AND fulfilling their church callings willingly and eagerly... what's not to love!!! Darn if I'm going to give my guy anything else to put on his shoulders!! I will love him, cherish him, praise him for his unrelentless efforts; I will appreciate him everyday and hug him and tell him a 100 ways that I do...

President Pratt spoke Sunday of "lifting"....how it's O U R J O B to lift! Stop the doubting, the wishing for something better or different, even if I've been justified in feeling hurt or "done wrong"....it's MY JOB to stop those negative thoughts...stop it now - just lift, serve - we talk of service so much....but forget "service" is also and maybe more importantly OUR ATTITUDES...am I serving my husband by getting mad at him, holding grudges (even if justified)...how do I SERVE myself? - putting myself down, comparing my situation to others? I can't be "serving" myself any good like that! I know Father is NOT pleased with THAT KIND of service.....WOW - no wonder they tell us to ponder, ponder, ponder....many truths in single words, much happiness to be had....if only....we truly lived the gospel principles...

Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment