"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice"

Joseph Smith - The Book of Mormon - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Pray Always"


"Pray Always"....By: Elder David A. Bednar.



Within the first 4 months of my joining the church, I prayed to Father...asking Him if He would give me any counsel...what would it be...He directed me to Alma 37:36-37


36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.


If I ACT upon these two verses....the PROMISE was..."I would be lifted up at the last day"..."ETERNIAL LIFE".... WHAT A PROMISE!!!!!!


How has PRAYER BLESSED YOUR LIFE?

1 comment:

  1. Though, no one made a comment on Elder Bednar's talk...I wanted you to know...that I found his talk on PRAYER...INSPIRING....I was so MOTIVATED to IMPROVE and make my prayers more MEANINGFUL...One of my favorite comments was..."meaningful MORNING prayer is an important element in the SPIRITUAL CREATION of EACH DAY---and PRECEDES the TEMPORAL CREATION or the ACTUAL EXECUTION of the day." Then, Elder Bednar explains what he meant by that...I loved how morning prayer...is linked to our "prayers of the heart" DURING the day...and continues...when we "return and report" at the end of the day...WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BLESSING....PRAYER is in our lives...I am so THANKFUL...for this DIVINE link to our Heavenly Father...Imaginae if He did not have such a way for us to TALK with Him each day...! I have, also, found in my life...that I get more ANSWERS when I am praying for OTHERS...(smile)

    ReplyDelete